Saturday 3 November 2007

Whats In a Name ???

What is it that...which belongs to you but is used almost always or most of the times by others ? Your Name...
Hmm...So Whats in a name...?


I have been writing since some time a thesis, report, or a paper...basically in different contexts.. but never thought of creating a space of my own like that of a blog until this morning, when i decided yesss lets give it a try. I have spent quite some time thinking 'what should my space be called hmmm... couple of names .... crossed my mind like Expressions, Thoughts, Sharing thoughts, chill pill, attitudezz amongst others... The thought process was What is that I want to pen in this space? My feelings, thoughts, inspirations, book reviews, impressions, turn ons - turn offs, learning's, jokes, experiences, fun filled events, low moments....experiments, cooking, anything and everything and hence boiled to this name....

So is there so much in a name? Hmmm May be Yes... May be No... Well how will the astrologers get the extra bite. Sunil Shetty to Suniel...the extra 'e' factor or our entertainment box ...'K factor'. In few western countries it mandatory to give a name to the baby before they even come out of the womb. Ohh now what is the fate of those kids who are not named after the position of the stars. Couple of days back a colleague of mine distributed sweets at the office. He had fathered a baby (hearty congratulations) and he sighed with relief... ahh in this country one has 45 days of time to name the baby. I could feel the sweetness in the chocolate :).

That reminds me... a decade back in my class there was this girl named (hypothetical) Sarika. Confident, talkative, full of life is what i can say characterised her. But her arrogance overshadowed everything. So the name Sarika was very much associated with her attitude and arrogance. For long this stayed in our memories.....5 years later I came across another Sarika...wonderful, pretty, humble, beautiful....she is one of my good friends... Hmm...Perceptions..associated with a name..no not any more. Well so many facets to a name... So do we still ponder Whats in a Name??

This morning a friend pinged me and asked me what I was up to...and when I told her about the name for the blog she said...ahh...wat a pain...I decided not to blog for not having an apt name .... so before I go any further on the importance of a name....

Here you go...Life comes as a Package... small and big boxes, zingpangs, trinklets, pins and poles, laughz, gigglezz, A Package presented to you INSIMPLEWORDS'. Enjoy junta and express your views ... Lov Ya All.

2 comments:

Piscean Angel said...

hey, u'll be giving heart-stopping moments to all astrologers who make so much money by suggesting name-changes. :) Good one & keep writing.
And I also tag you ...

Anjali said...

good name :) Welcome!

PS: you know me ;-)